Aurora Aurora

This piece of art had me engaged from start to the end. I am really glad that I haven't wasted a single second of my life. What a master piece! From writing to mixing everything is pro sounding. Thank you for sharing, Night.

-:: Future Present ::- -:: Future Present ::-

Hey good to see you again bro!
I have always been a fan of your music. But to date I just can't figure out that how good you are in drumming and percussion. Your friend Elitistinen was also good in it. This piece's representing what's going on inside us, our innerself in these fcuked up times. Very polished and meaningful including your writing. Hope to hear more from you.

Agitat0r responds:

Hello Emid. Thank you for your review and stopping by.

The built in perc programming by DM-307 helps a lot with the perc arrangements. I also layer different perc arrangements over each other to create complex beats, and same with the arps.

I chose the title as 'future present', is meant for the bleak present we're dealing with, but all these issues we're facing weren't meant to be in present but for the future. War, greed, death, oppression. Like Sarah Connor said in Terminator 2, "we're entering the uncharted territory". That territory, was built by our failures to keep this world in peace.

The piece itself is pretty dark. There is an inner meaning of the general mood of the piece. The dominant synths and perc show that we're being industrialized and technolized. The weak orchestra/organic instruments show that the true beauty of this world is fading and being overwhelmed. This is the general goal of the theme.

Thank you again! Merry Christmas!

The Laughing Sun (No loop) The Laughing Sun (No loop)

Thank you for inviting me here.
Nice composition. Good choice of instruments. Some areas in between like legato strings are very well executed. I like when piano part and the rest till the end.

Now what I noticed that as soon as the song starts there is a heavy compression going on giving 'pumping' effect. To avoid this first of all do not use any compressor at all. Find a frequency chart of each instrument and put an Eq on every instrument and remove any unwanted frequencies that are not the part of that instrument. Find an orchestral panning chart and put the instrument on it's place. Now lower down the volume knobs and slowly move them up until everything sounds clear. Leave headroom of -3 to -6db to let every instrument breath easily. Put a gain staging plugin on master channel and slowly increase the volume. You will ultimately find a pleasant surprise that how good everything sound now without compression or effect. You can also put a limiter with it's default settings. Don not use any reverb as yet until you are satisfied. Before composing, go to youtube and listen any song which attracts you and gives you inspiration and try matching the overall impression of your song to that one. This was mixing part.

Compositionally, I didn't get any idea where it is coming from and going towards. Lots of ideas sometimes clutter the composition. It's not bad if executed rightfully. But it is easy to take a simple idea and develop a full blown song on it. And this is what everybody wants to hear because it retains in our memory and we follow the rest easily. Too long piece also loosens the interest of audience. Keep it between 3 to 3 and half minutes initially. Have a look at this to get an idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgT2oKurtk4

I like this piece very much but it needs some work. I hope what I said is not displeasing you but as I also started at some point, I needed some advice which I am handing over to you. Hope to hear quality pieces from you.

Best!
Emid

ET16 responds:

Oh no dont worry, I am very grateful for the honest review, I taking in as much advice and criticism as I can thank you emid your comments were helpful

FD - Well of Tears FD - Well of Tears

Very nice composition. Revealing your innerself. When you listen to yourself you tend to perform good and this is what you have done here. Excellent dynamics as well. Only one thing which is up to the taste to be frank is I don't like the reverb. It is metallic not warm. But it is not undermining the beauty of this song. Anyway keep listening to yourself and we will hear more good in you :)

ForgottenDawn responds:

Thanks for your insight! Indeed, reverb is a matter of taste, but I admit that I'm quite the offender when it comes to adding reverb to acoustic instruments. I generally dislike when orchestral instruments sound dry or with such a minimal amount of reverb that you nearly can't detect it. About the "timbre" of the reverb, well, there's not much I can say there. I'll look upon it further.

One Inch From Death One Inch From Death

Now this is a serious head-banging song man. I really really enjoyed it man. I know you play guitar, I wish I had similar level of practise as you. Very nice piece Matt.

Mattashi responds:

Thank you Emid :) I do play guitar but for this song I used mostly Shreddage 2 IBZ I did record a couple of guitar tracks to add some layer :)

The apartment The apartment

This is sick piece mate. I am amazed no body has noticed it as yet. Please upload more of your songs and participate in the community. You have lots of potential.
+Best

The Assassination The Assassination

If you login and you find a Mattashi track, rest assured you have made your day.

Astounding track my friend. Top class drumming, intelligent chord changes and a great mix. Really love the vocals. You man always nail it when it comes to variety. No other I have seen have this class on NG. So I spilled my thoughts....

Mattashi responds:

Thank so much Emid, When I see that you've left a review you made my day too! :)

Hostile Hostile

How you always achieve and deliver what is required?

_H3ll0_W0rld_ _H3ll0_W0rld_

Awesome piece, really enjoyed. But this is expected from you..... :)

Mindchamber's Revenge Mindchamber's Revenge

Incredible and mind blowing experience pumping up the heroic feelings inside. Pure epicness!